Chicken and Pancake Wraps Are About to Become Your Family’s New Breakfast Favorite
âThis recipe is really so easy and it’s fun to make as a family,â says Beau Coffron, who runs the food blog. Daddy lunch box. Watch Coffron and his daughter, Abby, create a delicious take on chicken and waffles in this episode of Cooking Together, our hit cooking series.
Coffron is a fan of these delicious breakfast wraps, but says you can also serve them for lunch, dinner, or even as an appetizer or fun snack. Don’t forget to add a spoonful of infused maple syrup Heinz Chicken Sauce on the pancake before adding the sausage and rolling it all together, and keeping some sauce on the side for extra dipping. Definitely try this fun idea with your kids!
Hit play on the video above and see below for the full recipe. Before you begin, be sure to review the three most important cooking rules of Cooking Together for Kids.
1. Wash your hands, because clean hands are a chef’s best tool.
2. Ask a parent or guardian before using hot or sharp objects.
3. Always have fun!
Yield: 2 dozen
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total duration: 40 minutes
- 1 3/4 tsp.
unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp.
- 2 1/2 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1 1/2
milk, room temperature
- 3 tbsp.
unsalted butter, melted
large egg, room temperature
chicken or turkey breakfast sausages
- 1 tbsp.
extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ch.
- 1/4 tsp.
maple syrup and more for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined. In another medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter and egg until well combined. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined (some lumps are fine).
- Grease a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Pour about 2 tablespoons of pancake batter into the pan. When small bubbles appear, after about 1 minute, turn and continue cooking until both sides are lightly browned, about 30 seconds more. Repeat with the rest of the dough and more cooking spray. As each pancake is ready, remove it onto a plate or baking sheet and fold it in half.
- When all the pancakes are cooked, add the sausages and oil to the pan and cook over medium heat, turning a few times, until the sausages are golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove the sausages to a plate and pour the sauce into the pan. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat, stirring, then add 1/4 cup maple syrup and stir to combine. Remove from fire.
- Place about 1/2 teaspoon of sauce in the center of each pancake and top with a sausage, securing with a toothpick, if desired. Serve the pancake rolls with the remaining sauce and additional maple syrup for dipping.