Egg Bites Recipe – NECN
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup shredded summer squash (shredded zucchini or steamed and chopped spinach would also be great)
- 2 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- A pinch of kosher salt and pepper (keep in mind that bacon and cheese will add great salt flavor)
- Preheat your oven to 350*.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs vigorously until they run through the whisk like water and are no longer sticky.
- Whisk cottage cheese and grated squash.
- Add half of the green onions and bacon, saving some for the top.
- In a well-greased standard muffin pan, evenly distribute the egg mixture. Top with shredded cheddar and remaining green onions and bacon.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and carefully run a pairing knife along the side edge to release the egg bite from the mold.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then use a spoon to gently unmold them.
- Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container. If stacking them, separate the layers with parchment paper.
Watch Anna make these egg bites, plus pumpkin pie granola and chia seed pudding below!
Anna Rossi brings you three nutritious and delicious breakfast recipes that you can make ahead to have whenever you need a quick, nutritious yet delicious breakfast. It’s all in this episode of The Hub Today presents The Chef’s Pantry!