Eggnog and Snowflake Cake Bites Recipe
1. Place the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350F. Line a 9 Ã 13 inch. baking dish with baking paper.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
3. Beat egg whites, using electric mixer on medium-high, in another medium bowl until frothy, approximately
2 minutes Continue beating, gradually adding 1â3 cup granulated sugar until medium peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes more. Put aside.
4. Beat butter with remaining 2â3 cups granulated sugar, using same mixer (no need to wash beaters), in large bowl until frothy and pale yellow. Stir in the eggnog and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture on low speed until combined.
5. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the eggnog mixture, using a rubber spatula, until no streaks remain. Scrape the dough into the prepared pan.
6. Bake until top is golden and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 30-35 min. Let cool in the mold for 10 min. Remove cake from pan and invert, top down, on a wire rack. Let cool completely, about 1 hour. Refrigerate the cake overnight.
7. To arrange the eggnog snowflake cake, cut the cold cake lengthwise into 1 1/4 âlong strips. Then cut each strip diagonally into seven 1 1/2 inches. diamonds. (The cake should be approximately 42 diamonds.) Place the cake diamonds on a wire rack. Sift the icing sugar over it. Transfer to a platter, arranging them in a snowflake pattern, if desired. (One snowflake will use up 18 bites of cake.) Let come to room temperature before serving.