Gameday Morning Dawg Bites and Open Comment Thread – On this college football Saturday morning, we take a look at some UGA/SC news and enjoy an early morning open comment thread.
It’s another glorious Saturday morning just outside of Athens, Georgia! Soon we’ll be putting all kinds of chicken on the smoker, to be sauced both traditional and Carolina BBQ style. On top of that there will be smoked baked beans and smoked macaroni and cheese, cornbread baked in cast iron, and a frozen peach pie that I spent most of last night making. It’s going to be exquisite…as much as I expect today’s game between your #1 Georgia Bulldogs and the South Carolina Gamecocks to be.
But not everyone in the Bulldog Nation can be as blessed as I am. For reasons beyond comprehension, some of our fellow Dawgs made the trip to Columbia, SC for today’s game and we must keep them in our thoughts and prayers. While they may get to see Georgia live and in person today, I have to ask, “At what cost?” »
So this one is for all the poor souls heading to the Williams-Brice stadium…have a good visit, but don’t stay too long.
And now for your Gameday Morning Dawg Bites:
- The Georgian defense gave up 3 points in the first two games. No one knows how much they could give up against the Gamecocks. But if you’re feeling nostalgic and think the Dawgs might give the hens a big goose egg, UGAWire has a rundown of all the shutouts from the Kirby Smart era for you.
- Ladies and gentlemen, we have a hyped trailer!
I have to say that I really appreciate the continued use of current players as storytellers. They’re big and they’re bad and the fact that they tell their own story is pretty cool.
- Georgia’s passing game will be without a few big targets today as we learn that Arik Gilbert and Adonai Mitchell didn’t make the trip to Colombia.
- CBS Sports named Spencer Rattler the player with “the most to win” this season in terms of NFL draft stock. I could argue that I was the tuba player with “the most to gain” by inviting the head cheerleader to prom, but that didn’t exactly mean we were going to prom together, did it? not ?
- Finally, we have a blast from the past at Dawgs in NFL news. Former Georgia offensive lineman Fernando Velasco has been named director of player development for the Atlanta Falcons. Damn to see a DGD doing his thing.
As you know, this space will also serve as an early morning open comment thread. Let us know how you’ll spend your time before kick-off and what you think of this and the rest of today’s games. MaconDawg will soon be with your Q1 open comment thread.