Lake Parsippany Fire Department pancake breakfast was a hit

Volunteer Servers: Kyleigh Higgins, Katherine Nolan and Emma Sikora

PARSIPPANY – After skipping last year’s base event due to COVID-19, Lake Parsippany’s female auxiliaries hosted their annual pancake breakfast on Sunday, November 28. Delicious homemade pancakes, sausages and more… bagels, cream cheese, butter, coffee, tea, and even orange juice.

Jennifer Sikora, President, Lake Parsippany Volunteer Fire Department

The Lake Parsippany Fire Department is located at 255 Halsey Road.

Delicious homemade pancakes, sausages and more … bagels, cream cheese, butter, coffee, tea and even orange juice

Ladies Auxiliary of the Lake Parsippany Volunteer Fire Company is a 501 (c) (3) organization, with an IRS ruling year of 2019, and donations are tax deductible.

In 1935, a group of welfare-conscious citizens, recognizing the need for fire protection in Fire District No.3, began the steps that led to the formation of the Lake Parsippany Volunteer Fire Company. It was not an easy task, as Lake Parsippany was a new community going through an era of growth and expansion.

City Councilor-elect Justin Musella and MP-elect Christian Barranco
City Councilor-elect Justin Musella, MP BettyLou DeCroce, City Councilor-elect Frank Neglia, Mayor-elect James Barberio, City Councilor Loretta Gragnani and Council President Michael dePierro (meeting)

In early September 1935, the new Lake Parsippany Fire Company was officially incorporated. Without delay, the members were determined to move forward. Funds were loaned by members of the new fire department to purchase firefighting equipment. A new committee has been formed with the intention of finding and purchasing a fire engine.

The service has evolved from those early days into the modern 21st century fire service. As the community has grown both residential and commercial, the need for volunteers has also increased.

The first fire engine was obtained from the Livingston Fire Company in December 1935. The Morris Plains Fire Association provided rings of fire with which to call members to a fire.

At that time, the meetings were held at the residences of Mr. Peter Yeager on Kingston Road and Mr. Edward Flanagan on Centerton Drive. The clubhouse of the Parsippany Lake Owners Association became available for meetings afterwards.

The next problem was to get a suitable location to house the fire truck. The land was purchased from the New York Daily Mirror, and construction of the fire station began in August 1936. Less than a year after its organization, the Fire Company organized dances, raffles and the help of generous donors. has become a full-fledged firefighting society.

This is a family of men and women who love to help others when they are in need. They are like you; we live in our community, raise our families here, work and play here. Please consider joining the Lake Parsippany Volunteer Fire Department.

Stop by for an app every Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m., or you can call (973) 887-6157 and leave a message.

Michael Ilic, mayor-elect James Barberio and Danny Ilic


Source link

Comments are closed.