Ricotta and Lemon Pancake Recipe Perfect for Your Weekend Brunch
Have you heard of Utah’s latest brunch? Tyler Stokes is here to spread the word. The best brunch dishes are now available at Sunday’s Best in Sandy. Today he shared with us a delicious ricotta and lemon pancake recipe.
-6 eggs separated
-2 1/4 cup milk
-1/4 cup of sugar
-3 cup of flour
-3 cups of ricotta cheese
-2 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
-1 teaspoon of salt
-1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 tablespoons of lemon, juice
-0.5 pounds of trimmed and sliced ââstrawberries
-2 tablespoons of sugar
-1 1/2 teaspoon of lemon, juice
- Separate the eggs into whites and yolks
- Mix the yolks in a bowl with the milk, sugar, salt, lemon juice and vanilla. Combine the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl, then mix with the wet mixture until it is just mixed …. do not over mix
- Whisk the egg whites into soft peaks. Gently fold the ricotta into the pancake mix followed by the egg whites. Use a spatula or spoon to gently fold, do not use a whisk or blender. The dough is finished, keep cool until use.
- Mix the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar, let stand at least 30 minutes before use.
- Bake pancakes on a hotplate at 350 degrees, 3 oz of batter each. When bubbles start to form and burst, flip the pancakes.
- Garnish with strawberries and serve with a side of lemon cream and maple syrup
-4 one Egg, yolks
-1/2 cup of sugar
-4 ch Lemon, zest
-1/2 cup lemon, juice
-1/4 teaspoon of salt
-1/3 cup + 2 teaspoons diced butter
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, zest and salt in a metal mixing bowl.
- Place a saucepan, large enough to have a bowl on top, on the stove with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil then place the bowl on top. Bake until the temperature reaches 170 degrees or is thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter. Let cool.