These hash brown bites are the perfect small potato snack
It’s no surprise how much we love potatoes at Lifehacker and we know you do too. That’s why we know you’ll love this hash brown bites recipe as much as we do.
Yes, it’s true! We finally have the opportunity to enjoy the heavenly potato snack in a tiny form, it really is what dreams are made of. Best of all, they’re so easy to make, you’d be a fool not to cook hundreds of them at once.
If, for some reason, you’re not a fan of bite-sized treats, we have a recipe for you on how to create perfect, full-size hash browns in the air fryer.
But if you want to try these little guys, read on.
We have this amazing recipe for Franzie’s Hash Brown Bites on TikTok, because that’s where all the great, simple recipes come from these days.
How to make hash brown bites
What you will need:
- Potatoes (obviously)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a little salt.
- Peel the potatoes. You really can use as many as your heart desires.
- Cut the potatoes in half after peeling them.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of water for 6 minutes.
- Grate the potatoes with a cheese grater.
- Add the shredded potatoes to a mixing bowl and add 1 egg, a little salt and 1/4 cup cornstarch. Mix the ingredients well.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of this potato mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, flattening slightly.
- Freeze for 4 hours (or overnight).
- Fry the hash brown bites until golden brown.
- Serve with the side sauce you want or enjoy them on their own.
To note: You can fry them in shallow oil or throw them in the air fryer.
If you’re more of a visual learner, check out the TikTok recipe for hash brown bites below.
Potato🤩…Again #foodporn #franzie_v #fyp #eatsltd #easyrecipe #potatoes #potatotiktok #foodie #viralfoodtrend
♬ Vegas (From ELVIS Movie Soundtrack) – Doja Cat
So! If you want more delicious potato recipes, check out our ultimate list here.