Treat Your Pooch to Puppy-Friendly Pancake Recipes This Pancake Day
Pancake Day is a real treat and should be celebrated by everyone, including pets. However, how many times have you made pancakes and sat down at your dining table to find your dog staring longingly at your plate?
In an effort to get some four-legged friends involved in one of the most fun days of the year, the tails.com team have come up with two tasty recipes for your pooch to jump on and enjoy.
2 mashed bananas
30g coconut flour
A pinch of ground cinnamon
Rapeseed or coconut oil for frying
Your dog’s favorite toppings: We used blueberries and peanut butter (xylitol-free)
- Mix eggs and mashed banana until combined.
- Add the coconut flour and ground cinnamon and mix well.
- If your dough is a little dry, just add a little water.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add your oil.
- Once hot, add a spoonful of your mixture to the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes (or until golden) then flip.
- Once the crepe is cooked through, transfer it to a plate and repeat with the rest of your mixture.
- Add your toppings and go!
Pancakes will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days or in the freezer for up to a month.
Carrot and chickpea pancakes
100g cooked chickpeas (canned and drained chickpeas are fine)
1⁄2 small carrot (about 50g), grated
100g self-rising flour
150ml oat milk
2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- Put the chickpeas in a food processor and blend for a few seconds. Add all remaining ingredients except oil and whisk again until combined.
- Heat a little oil in a large nonstick skillet. Pour a heaped tablespoon of batter per crepe into the pan, leaving a little space in between. Fry pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Plate it up and let it cool a bit, and you’ll have your barking dog for breakfast.
- Store crepes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, or freeze them, separated by sheets of parchment paper, for up to 3 months.
For more stories where you live, visit InYourArea.